Enrollment and Registration

Only parents and/or legal guardians can enroll students in the Finley School District. If you are interested in enrolling your student in Finley schools, the first step is to complete the online application. Please select the appropriate enrollment application from the page menu according to your child's grade level. Once the application has been received and reviewed, the building secretary will contact you to request additional documents and provide next steps. 

**NOTE: Completing the online application does not finalize or confirm enrollment of a student in the district.***

We Will Also Need the Following From You:

  1. A copy of your child's birth certificate (or an entry in a family bible, an adoption record, an affidavit from a parent, previously verified school records, or any other documents permitted by law) for Kindergarten only
  2. A copy showing proof of residency in the Finley School District (copy of utility bill)
  3. Medically verified immunization records:
    A medically verified record includes one or more of the following:
    • A Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) printed from the Immunization Information System (IIS)
    • A physical copy of the CIS form with a healthcare provider signature
    • A physical copy of the CIS with accompanying medical immunization records from a healthcare provider, verified and signed by school staff
    • A CIS printed from MyIR
  4. Any other legal documents (Temporary Restraining Orders, etc.)

We will accept photos of these documents if they are emailed to the appropriate school email listed below. Once we receive your documentation, you will receive an email or phone call from our office staff letting you know your username and password for Skyward Family Access. It is at this point you will be able to complete your child’s full registration online. Please feel free to contact us at any time with questions. You can reach our office staff by calling or emailing:

Submit a registration form online or in person:

  1. Submit the Online Web Form

  2. Print and Complete the PDF Form (Download printable PDF here) 

Kindergarten Enrollment 

Students entering kindergarten must be five years old on or before August 31. Registration typically opens the week after Spring Break. For more information, please contact Finley Elementary at 509-586-7577.

What if I have misplaced or cannot find my child's birth certificate?

Birth certificates may be obtained through the Benton Franklin Health District. Copies may be purchased for $25.00 each. Certified copies of Washington State Births are available from 1907 to present. Births prior to this year must be requested from the Department of Vital Records in Olympia.  Request a Birth Certificate - Dept of Vital Records

District Boundaries

Where your child attends school is based on your street address. If you live outside the Finley School District boundaries and would like to attend our schools, please use the Choice Transfer Parent Portal to request a transfer into our district. If you live in our boundaries and would like to transfer to another district, please use the link above. Out of district students will be accepted on a case by case basis.

If you are a student who has been identified under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Act or think you may qualify for this program, please contact our District Homeless Liaison, Amy McLaughlin, at 509-586-3217, or [email protected].