Finley Elementary School
213504 E. Cougar Rd.
Kennewick, WA 99337
Principal: Pam Kinne
Secretaries: Hidalia Garcia & Diane Nessen
Glad you’re back!
I hope you had a wonderful summer. I got to read a few books and go camping a few weekends. As nice as that was, I’m glad to see the you, the kids and staff.
We have a number of new staff members this year:
- Heath Low is our new ERR teacher. He has taught the last couple of years in Richland in their special education program.
- Rob Hayfield is the new 5th grade math teacher. This is his first year teaching and he is looking forward to working with your kids in the classroom.
- Russ Kendall is our new ELL teacher. He has been teaching 21 years and is bi-lingual in Spanish.
- Crystal Hogg will be teaching 4th grade reading/writing. Crystal is also a first year teacher. Although it is her first, she has the skills and desire to help your kids get ready for 5th grade.
- Janelle Westberg will be working in Heath Low’s classroom. Not only will she be helping kids in the classroom but will also be out on the playground.
- Teena Rameriz can be found in both Bill Rutz’s and Heath Low’s class. Teena worked with us at the end of last year and took the opportunity to come back.
- Aaron Pelly will be helping in Kathy Locker’s program teaching kids to love reading. Aaron will also be helping on the playground in the morning.
- Patty Baumgartner is Sue Flink’s new para-professional in the pre-school program.
We have a lot of new faces this year and we are lucky to have them!
Here are some important dates that are coming up pretty quick:
For 5th grade parents, Tuesday August 26th at 5:00 there will be a band information night. This will be held at the elementary school. If your 5th grader is interested in being in band, this is the night for you. Mrs. Dohaniuk will be giving information out about the class, instrument usage and rentals, and other general information items. Ted Brown Music will also be there to set up instrument rentals and have other musical equipment needs available for purchase/order.
Open house will be Thursday September 11th at 6:00 pm for grades 1-5. This time will give you a chance to meet your child’s teacher and learn how homework, quizzes, and day to day classroom events will be handled. This is an important night for parents to attend and we are asking for just 40 minutes of your time that could impact your child’s education for the year.
I have a great feeling about this school year!
See you in the halls,