For information regarding the requirements for a student to receive medication at school please refer to the document at the bottom of this page, Requirements/Medication at School. Required forms are located at the bottom of this page, Student Medical Forms or Form Downloads/Student Medical Forms, in the Navigation Bar at the top of every Finley School District web page.
Head Lice, Examine, Treat, Comb
NEW 2016-2017 School Immunization Requirements
The main school immunization requirement changes for the 2016-17 school year include:
1. Varicella requirement Department of Health Varicella (Chickenpox) Information
- Two doses of varicella vaccine will be required for all students in K-12th grade.
2. Polio requirement
- K-5th grade: the final dose of IPV, given on or after August 7, 2009, must be given on or after 4 years of age AND a minimum interval of 6 months from the previous dose.
3. Hepatitis B requirement
- K-9th grade: Dose 3 must be given on or after 24 weeks of age; minimum interval between Dose 1 and 3 is 16 weeks.
- 10th-12th grade: Dose 3 must be given on or after 4 months of age; minimum interval between Dose 1 and 3 is 12 weeks.
Washington law requires that the official, up-to-date Washington state Certificate of Immunization Status be on file for every student enrolled in the district. On or before the first day of attendance, all students must present or have on file a signed and dated Certificate of Immunization.