Parents and Students
- Q: How do I enroll my child in the Finley School District?
- A: To enroll students who are new to the Finley School District, including transfer students and students who are returning to Finley from another district, please contact the school your child will be attending and visit our website at http://www.finleysd.org/Parents-Students/Registration
- Q: How do I access my student's grades online?
- A: You can access your student's grades and other information via Skyward Access. Contact your student's school office to request your login Id and password. On the Finley School District website, www.finleysd.org, at the top of the screen click on "Skyward Access". Enter your login Id and password.
- Q: How are school delays and closures determined?
- A: Delays and closures are decided after road and campus conditions are evaluated early in the morning or in extreme cases the night prior. We also take into account the current weather and immediate weather forecast for the local area. Student and staff safety is our number one priority when making our decisions. The final decision on whether or not to send your child to school is yours. It is considered an excused absence if you decide to keep your child home due to conditions. Please inform and provide your child’s school with a signed note.
- Q: How will the "snow days" (delays and closures) during the 2016-17 school year impact Finley's schedule and graduation dates?
- A: As of January 30, 2017, Finley School District (FSD) has missed 8 instructional days due to snow closures. The Governor declared a state of emergency proclamation for Benton County that would allow FSD to apply for a waiver for 5 of the 8 days missed. In order to be considered for the waiver, the State requires that schools be in session at a minimum until June 14, 2017. There are two state requirements that must be considered: First the 180-day requirement, which the waiver would cover; second, the 1,027 instructional hour requirement, which is not negotiable. We are currently discussing ways to make up instructional time with the Finley Education Association (FEA), the Teachers' Union, and the School Board. These ideas range from adding time to the school day, to eliminating early releases on Wednesdays for PLC’s. Graduation is currently scheduled for June 2nd. The state requirements for seniors states, “The district may schedule five days of the 180 day school year for non-instructional purposes.” What this means is that seniors are required to attend five less days, provided they meet instructional hour requirements. This would mean moving graduation to June 9th, or having seniors come back after graduation. Consideration of lost instructional time is our main concern as we look at ways to solve this situation. Any changes to the scheduled graduation date requires a school board decision. We will be discussing our options at the February 27th board meeting. Please look for more updates to be posted to the district website, and contact our office at 509.586.3217 with any questions.